Apply to Be a Peer Mentor
Are you an undergraduate student with research experience? This opportunity is designed to enhance your skills as a researcher by taking them to a new level as a peer mentor for aspiring undergraduate researchers.
As a peer mentor fellow, you will:
- Observe and learn mentoring and leadership strategies from faculty mentors and administrators leading the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Prepare to apply mentoring skills leading a group of Research Scholars participating in a two day Research Skills Short Course in January/February.
- Learn how to guide and direct novice undergraduate researchers in preparing for and continuing work in established research labs.
- Collaborate with other fellows on motivating new researchers and best practices for ongoing peer mentoring.
- Assist undergraduate Research Scholars with preparing and displaying their work in poster format at the Showcase for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity (SURCA).
- Have opportunities to present and discuss your own research to a wide array of audiences, such as classes, advisory boards, or even the WSU board of regents.
- Be eligible for a scholarship to support your academic endeavors.