Are you an undergraduate student with research experience? This opportunity is designed to enhance your skills as a researcher and leader by taking them to a new level as a peer mentor for aspiring undergraduate researchers.
As a peer mentor fellow, you will:
- Observe and learn mentoring and leadership strategies from faculty and staff in the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Prepare to apply mentoring skills leading a group of Research Scholars participating in a two-day research skills short course.
- Learn how to guide and direct novice undergraduate researchers in preparing for and continuing work in established research labs.
- Collaborate with other fellows on motivating new researchers and best practices for ongoing peer mentoring.
- Assist undergraduate Research Scholars with preparing and displaying their work in poster format at the Showcase for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity (SURCA).
- Have opportunities to present to, and discuss your own research with, a wide array of audiences, such as classes, advisory boards, or even the WSU Board of Regents.
- Be eligible for a scholarship to support your academic endeavors.
The 2023 application to become an Undergraduate Peer Mentor for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 is now closed. The deadline was Friday, Aug. 25, 2023. You can contact email@example.com if you have any further questions.