Get Started in Research /
Introduction to Directed Research
Have you thought about engaging in undergraduate research? This class is designed for students who are interested in—but not yet working on—research.
- Learn about academic research with a faculty mentor
- Gain skills needed in any research environment
- Explore opportunities at WSU in all disciplines
- Prepare to start a research opportunity
- Improve your eligibility for an undergraduate research award
Open to all students of all majors, with no prerequisites.
This 1 credit course is taught in the fall and spring
Fall UNIV 199 (1 credit) meets once per week, and multiple sessions (times) are available.
Spring UNIV 199 (1 credit) is taught as an intensive two day workshop with peer mentors leading many of the sessions. The workshop meets during the weekend before classes start in the spring for two full days. Additional class time (lab tours) are scheduled as appropriate during the first two weeks of the semester.