Get Started in Research /
UNIV 199: Introduction to Directed Research
Have you thought about engaging in undergraduate research? This class is designed for students who are interested in—but not yet working on—research.
This course is open to all students of all majors, with no prerequisites.
- Learn about academic research with a faculty mentor
- Gain skills needed in any research environment
- Explore opportunities at WSU in all disciplines
- Prepare to start a research opportunity
- Improve your eligibility for an undergraduate research award
This 1 credit course is taught in the fall and spring:
- Fall UNIV 199 (1 credit) meets once per week, and multiple sections (times) are available.
- Spring UNIV 199 (1 credit) is taught as an intensive two day workshop with peer mentors leading many of the sessions. The workshop meets during two Saturdays (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) early in the spring semester. Additional class time (lab tours) are scheduled as appropriate during the first half of the semester. Refer to the course schedule for specific dates. (Please note: This course is not being offered for spring 2021.)