Undergraduate Research Club
Join the Undergraduate Research Club
Becoming a member of — or leading — a registered student organization is a productive and fun way to enjoy new experiences and make friends who share your interests in the pursuit and process of research.
At our top-tier research university, undergraduates play key roles in the research, scholarship, and creative activities in which our WSU faculty are engaged. The WSU Undergraduate Research Club is a natural way to connect with other students who are interested in and getting the most from such opportunities at WSU. Here is what you can expect when you join the club:
- Contact us at UG Research Club Gmail or Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Check the Office of Undergraduate Research’s online calendar to see our upcoming club meetings
- Check out our Social Media Pages:
- Visit our club page on Coug Presence
Students from all majors, in all years of college, are welcome in the Undergraduate Research Club — because students from all majors and years in college are doing research, scholarship, and creative activities at WSU.
Did you know that 25% of WSU seniors have conducted research with a faculty member?
As early as your freshman year, the club can help you define and find the kind of research you’d like to do with a mentor.
It’s a fact… WSU has long been a leading U.S. research university. Today it’s working to become one of the top 25 by Year 2030, thanks to Pres. Kirk Schulz and the Drive to 25 initiative. Plus the strategic plan calls for involving more undergraduates in all types of research on campus.
As an Undergraduate Research Club participant, you will immerse yourself in a community of peers sharing an interest in research. Club activities will open doors to new and exciting research experiences, and provide you with the tools to begin/enhance your research career.
Mechanics of the Club:
- Meets officially every two weeks on Tuesdays from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., First Meeting Starting: 8/31/2021.
- Invites graduate students and professors to guest lecture about their research.
- Welcomes representatives (from departments such as career services and the Graduate School) to give insights into things you can do today, to get benefits tomorrow.
- No membership fee!
- Hosts research-related workshops with faculty.
Officers for 2021-22
Class standing: Senior
Class standing: Senior
Major: Microbiology (Pre-Medicine)
Major: Bioengineering (Premed)
Class standing: Junior